2013 FALL OPEN GYMS AND OTHER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
EVJ TRAINING CAMPS/CLINICS
2013 FALL YOUTH ACADEMY
10-DAY OPEN HOUSE PERIOD
JUNIORS IN THE SAND
BEACH VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE & CAMPS/CLINICS
4th-12th Grade, Co-Ed
1st-6th Grade, Co-Ed
4th-12th Grade, Girls
16U – 14U – 12U, Girls & Boys
VARIOUS YEAR ROUND – NONE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED
Dates/Times are TBD (starting first week of December)
Click the following link for schedule
Open Gym Schedule
VARIOUS YEAR ROUND – Next league will start in January, tournament schedule for Nov/Dec will be released soon
Any player trying out for club (9th-12th graders NOT currently playing high school volleyball may attend)
|Program/Camp Details ||Program/Camp Details ||Open Gym Schedule ||Program/Camp Details |
|No registration available at this time ||No registration available at this time ||Open Gym Registration ||No registration available at this time |
|2013 Camp Waiver Form ||2013 Camp Waiver Form ||2013 Camp Waiver Form ||2013 Camp Waiver Form |
LEAD CAMP ADMINISTRATORS/COACHES (Quality Player to Coach Ratio)
- Jen (Helfrich) Leo (Jen is the current Director of East Valley Juniors Volleyball Club and has been involved with the club for the past 22 years. She has coached in all age groups and started EVJ Sports Camps in 2002. Jen is a Corona del Sol alum (1989 student athlete of the year) and a former ASU Sun Devil volleyball player (GTE Academic All-American her senior year, #4 all-time career assists leader, left school as #2).
- Jamie (Jandreau) Rohme (Jamie has been a head coach for East Valley Juniors Volleyball Club for the past 15 years. She is also the head coach for the Varsity Team at Kyrene Middle School. Jamie also hails from Corona where she too was student athlete of the year. She played volleyball at UCLA and the University of Arkansas where she was 1st Team All-SEC and holds a 2-year record with 1,000+ kills. She has been leading and assisting EVJ Sports Camps for the past 12 years).
- Nat (Harris) Bohls (Nat has been a head and assistant coach for East Valley Juniors Volleyball Club since 2001. Nat played locally at Valley Christian where she won 4 straight state championships. Nat is an EVJ alum and her teams finished 2nd at Nationals in 1998 and 6th at Nationals in 1996. She played OH/RS for ASU from 2000-04 where she was an Honorable Mention All-Pac 10 player in 2002 and 2003. She has been leading and assisting EVJ Sports Camps for the past 10 years).
***Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced Camps & Clinics - 4th-9th grades***
Our mini-camps and clinics focus on all-skills or are skill specific. We foster a high level, fast-paced, drill and play environment for experienced players. We will slow it down for the less experienced. Our experienced coaches run through specific skills training and work closely with every participant. This is a perfect opportunity to train at a high level, while getting lots of touches on the ball.
As tryouts approach for the 2013-14 club season we will resume camps and clinics in January.
***Co-Ed Youth Academy (1st-6th grade for beginner to lightly experienced players, non-club players or those trying out for club for the first time are recommended)***
Using the same training philosophy as our intermediate and advanced camps and clinics, the Youth Academy for beginners and lightly experienced players focuses on the six basic fundamentals of volleyball (setting, passing, floor defense, serving, hitting and blocking). Through drills and repetition we provide a fast paced environment where technique, feedback and touches on the ball are key to our training. Our Youth Academy is offered several times a year for 3-5 week periods.
Our next Academy is scheduled for the first week of December, however, dates and times have not been determined.
***(Girls Only) Open Gyms / 10-day open house period***
The current schedule of open gyms is to provide an opportunity for those who are considering or are interested in trying out for EVJ this fall. We highly encourage our returning players to attend and work out with future EVJ players. We encourage parents and new players to come out and meet returning and new players as well as EVJ Coaches and Administrative Staff. The coaches will organize games for the players in a fast paced, non-instructional environment. Players can come get touches on the ball while allowing EVJ coaches to evaluate their skills in advance of tryouts.
While the kids are on the court working out, parents are invited to meet and greet EVJ’s administrative staff and coaches in an open house environment. We are entering our 25th year of operation and we look forward to sharing our program history and plans for the upcoming club season with you. If you have never been to Court One this is a great time to tour the facility and learn about other opportunities offered through EVJ in partnership with Court One; for example, did you know that court one has cameras for college coaches to watch practices? Please come by and get your questions answered and see if EVJ is the right fit for you and your player. You can attend one or multiple sessions.
9th-12th graders NOT currently playing high school volleyball may attend
- Sunday, November 3, 2013
- 10-14’s from 3:00-4:30pm ($5 per session)
- 15-18’s from 4:30-6:00pm ($5 per session)
- Monday, November 4, 2013
- 15-18’s from 5:30-7:00pm ($5 per session)
- 10-14’s from 7:30-9:00pm ($5 per session)
- Wednesday, November 6, 2013
- 15-18’s from 4:00-6:00pm ($5 per session)
- 10-14’s from 6:00-7:30pm – Session #1 of 10-day period ($5 per session)
- Monday, November 11, 2013
- 15-18’s from 5:30-7:00pm ($5 per session)
- 10-14’s from 7:30-9:00pm – Session #2 of 10-day period ($5 per session)
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013
- 15-18’s from 4:00-6:00pm - Session #1 of 10-day period ($5 per session)
- 10-14’s from 6:00-7:30pm – Session #3 of 10-day period ($5 per session)
- Monday, November 18, 2013
- 15-18’s from 5:30-7:00pm – Session #2 of 10-day period ($5 per session)
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013
- 15-18’s from 3:30-5:30pm – Session #3 of 10-day period ($5 per session)
Open Gym Registration
***Juniors in the Sand (Sand Volleyball League) - FALL LEAGUE (FULL)***
- Girls 2-on-2 League (12U, 14U and 16U Sand Volleyball League)
Juniors in the Sand is a non-sanctioned training ground for USAV/AZ Region and other sanctioned tournaments as well as an opportunity to play year round. The majority, if not all other sand programs are limited to the summertime only. The sand game offers great conditioning as well as a fun atmosphere for players to get more touches on the ball to improve their game all around.
PLEASE NOTE – HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS PLAYING INDOOR FOR THEIR HIGH SCHOOL TEAM ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION COMES DIRECTLY FROM THE ARIZONA INTERSCHOLASTIC ASSOCIATION (AIA):
"Girls and boys (six player) indoor volleyball and sand (two player) volleyball are considered different sports. Girls and boys (six player) volleyball utilizes rules published by the National Federation of State High School Associations. Sand (two player) volleyball utilizes rules published by the U.S. Volleyball Association. Participation in these two sports at the same time is not a violation of AIA bylaw; article 14.1 (Non School Participation rule)."
- Matches are played once a week primarily on Friday evenings, however, Saturday evenings may be included depending on number of participants - Your schedule may vary from week to week.
- League dates are September 20/21 through October 25/26. League Tournament will be November 1/2.
- Teams will get one hour of court time to complete their match. Standings will be tracked weekly and tournament seedings will be determined by final standings.
- Participation and cost will include a 1.5 hour sand clinic on October 5th.
- More information can be found on the registration page, link provided below.
LEAGUE IS FULL. Look for our Winter Session and Fall Power Tournaments, info coming soon.